Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is this section for? Login/Join 

Star
posted
As the description states, this is for posts in other forums that are deemed annoying. The intent is to keep the other forum sections clean by moving pointless/off-topic/annoying threads here. Threads will not be locked, so feel free to continue posting. You'll just be stashed away from the other sections.

If you feel the absolute need to start a thread here, go ahead, but think about what you're saying about yourself Smiler

Posts: 1149 | Location: In your posts, deletin' your swears. | Registered: February 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Good idea. Go ahead and search for 'good job dumars' and select all.

Posts: 6928 | Location: DET | NYC | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderation
Superstar
posted Hide Post
<-- Interested in selection process of forum annoyances.

Posts: 6607 | Location: your next stop | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Also I like the new color scheme on the main index page.

Posts: 6928 | Location: DET | NYC | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Star
posted Hide Post
Congrats GBA, you got your own forum!

ThunderVyper

Posts: 1568 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
My guess

33% 3 ways. GBA, Nice Job Dumars, and the inevitable visits from RED LION.

Star
posted Hide Post
And detroitpistons05 too...

ThunderVyper

Posts: 1568 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Star
posted Hide Post
At first I thought this was super rude and authoritarian, and then I realized it is the greatest idea possibly ever.

I will look forward to the posts here and be happier with the quality of the main forum.

Posts: 1289 | Location: All Over | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
DetroitPiston05 is whetgas.

Star
posted Hide Post
And whetgas too...

ThunderVyper

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
whetgas stays. The man is old enough to be your father.

Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BT:
whetgas stays. The man is old enough to be your father.

Wow, he must be really old! Wink

ThunderVyper

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Clearly talking out of my anus.

He would appear old enough to be someone's father.

Superstar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewlius:
At first I thought this was super rude and authoritarian, and then I realized it is the greatest idea possibly ever.

I will look forward to the posts here and be happier with the quality of the main forum.

It still is super rude. Doesn't matter though I GUESS. If I want to read posts that - who knows how they are selected - are "annoying" it won't kill me to come in here I suppose. Either way, this is still super rude and what not.

Posts: 4541 | Registered: April 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CnotesReturn:
quote:

It still is super rude. Doesn't matter though I GUESS. If I want to read posts that - who knows how they are selected - are "annoying" it won't kill me to come in here I suppose. Either way, this is still super rude and what not.

It's less rude than locking threads and it should keep the boards cleaner. If you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

Posts: 1149 | Location: In your posts, deletin' your swears. | Registered: February 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Love Machine
Superstar
posted Hide Post
Yippie!!! Moderation is sorely needed in this board.

Posts: 6553 | Location: Middle of the mitten | Registered: March 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Shrug

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YoungStuck,

Posts: 5338 | Location: Warren, MI | Registered: December 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistons.com:
quote:
Originally posted by CnotesReturn:
quote:

It's less rude than locking threads and it should keep the boards cleaner. If you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

Like I said it's fine with me, but I wouldn't be surprised if this opened up another can of worms. In all honestly you could have titled this forum better instead of openly deeming people annoying and implying they are unfit for good social conversation if they get subjected to this forum. Maybe it's in jest and all but I'm sure that a few people on this forum probably won't take it lightly. Razzer All in all, I'm not quite sure how the process works and who gets to choose which topics are worthy of not being stuck in here. I'm not annoyed by people like detroitpistons05 or anything, I could suggest a few things to people who are and it has more to do with them than detroitpistons05.

If he's going to be allowed to spam this forum with death notices then you might as well delete them. I can't see people intentionally clicking into a forum to read topics they already found annoying in the first place, so I'm not certain why these topics would bother to exist. I thought the problem was fixed with the Death thread and Movie thread, nobody has been spamming with "annoying messages" in Off-Topic since besides, in some people's opinions, the complaining thread by GBA which in all fairness was justified.

This forum seems like it's jumping the gun when the problems already seem to have been fixed is all. I mean how many topics are actually going to get moved into here? Unless we can do what BT did and intentionally spam it with [self-intented] stupidity, which then by all means it serves a purpose. Wink

Star
posted Hide Post
Hey, you can't please all the people all the time, and I'm sure as heck not trying to.

People (in general) need to lighten up.

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Agreed on that last part.