New
Find
Notify
Tools

League News (updated July 2012) Login/Join 

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted
You're not required to post new news in here, as opposed to creating your own topic. This is just for me, I felt as if I was creating too many topics.

It's been a crazy few days

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BT,

Posts: 6928 | Location: DET | NYC | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Brandon Roy set to retire?

http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/1256/brandon-roy

Wow, what a bummer. Ron Artest (when he was on the kings)called him the hardest guy to guard in the league. He had such a promising career.

Nothing confirmed yet, but it seems like a sure thing.

Posts: 6928 | Location: DET | NYC | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Dwight Howard and Net's close to a deal?

quote:
The Nets could trade for Dwight Howard as soon as Friday, according to Chris Broussard on ESPN.com.
Howard is expected to soon tell the Magic that he won't re-sign with them, and he sounds ready to team with Deron Williams as the Nets move to Brooklyn in 2012-13. New Jersey has reportedly offered Brook Lopez and two future first-round picks, and they might send more players while taking back Hedo Turkoglu and his bad contract. This is in the rumor phase right now, and Broussard notes that New Jersey is still pursuing Nene in case they don't land Dwight

http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/1041/dwight-howard

Star
posted Hide Post
I'm really bummed about Roy. We went to a Blazers game in the Spring and I was so happy I could see him play. I did rock my Jerebko shirt there, though.

My best friend is a huge Bulls fan and there was all of those rumors flying about him getting waived with the amnesty clause by the Blazers and then landing in Chicago. He was so happy, now he's sad. I was kind of hoping to see that, too. Would be a killer team.

Posts: 1622 | Location: Omaha | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Marc Spears "Celtics trading F Glen Davis in sign and trade to Magic for F Brandon Bass"

Glen Davis' deal, 4 years 26 mil. That should put Tay's deal in perspective, it's really not that bad...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YoungStuck,

Posts: 5717 | Location: Warren, MI | Registered: December 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Chris Broussard "Marcus Thornton signed with Sac Kings for $40 million over five years"

Posts: 5717 | Location: Warren, MI | Registered: December 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
wow Marcus got paid.

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Howard teaming with Williams is just as good as teaming with CP3. They'll always be compared with each other, coming out of the same class.

It's going to be hard for teams to put a trio together like the Heat did. And I don't think the Heat will be able to keep it together in the long run, when the harsher cap penalties kick in, unless they want the rest of their roster to be minimum players. They're already talking of moving Mike Miller (or has this already happened?) Most likely Bosh will end up moving somewhere and it'll just be Lebron and Wade.

------------------------------
Shrug

Posts: 10711 | Location: MI | Registered: June 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

A woman among men
Superstar
posted Hide Post
I always liked Brandon Roy - I feel bad for him, having to retire like this.

Posts: 5693 | Location: Mooseshigan | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YoungStuck:
Marc Spears "Celtics trading F Glen Davis in sign and trade to Magic for F Brandon Bass"

Glen Davis' deal, 4 years 26 mil. That should put Tay's deal in perspective, it's really not that bad...

Caron Butler got 3y/$24m from the Clippers.

Tyson Chandler, a big some on here thought would be affordable, just got 4y/58m from the Knicks! That's $14.5m a year for Tyson Chandler! If the Pistons signed him to that contract, who would be happy right now?

Shrug

Posts: 10711 | Location: MI | Registered: June 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Adrian Wojnarowski "Thaddeus Young is nearing agreement on a 5 year, $42 million contract to stay with the 76ers"

Superstar
posted Hide Post
David Aldridge "Source confirms Kings re-signing of Marcus Thornton for four years $31-33m"

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Why is $8 mill the standard now? This is starting to piss me off. Thaddeus Young? Really?

Stuckey is looking at all of these guys...

Shrug

Mellow Funky
Superstar
posted Hide Post
$8 million per over say 5 years is just slightly more than the MLE. The last few years, the MLE has been roughly $5.7 million. And we see that over 5 years, an MLE contract approaches around $37 million. Just slightly over $7 million per.

So $8 million per is basically the MLE plus a little more. Generally, a pretty fair deal for a good, young player. Marcus Thornton is a little surprising because it's mostly based on 27 games last season. But I'd give that type of money to Thaddeus Young, especially if he's a kid I drafted.

Posts: 16979 | Location: Boogie Boulevard | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I overreacted a little there. It's only a $million or two more a year than what I wanted to go. Maybe that's a pipe dream. I'd still like to see us get him cheaper. I can still feel good about locking him down for $7 million per. I'll be pretty neutral about an $8 million per deal since, as you say, it's face value. I don't feel good enough about Stuckey to give him face value. Razzer

If you can save a $million or two per deal, that can add up. We should fight for it.

Shrug

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
David West to the Pacers

quote:
David West has signed a two-year, $20 million contract with the Indiana Pacers.

Odom to Mavs for trade exception

quote:
We're waiting to see the other shoe drop here, but it could be the case that the Lakers are clearing cap space to sign Dwight Howard.

A woman among men
Superstar
posted Hide Post
Khloe would like Dallas better anyway - more nonstop flights.

Posts: 5693 | Location: Mooseshigan | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Official Moose of Pistons basketball.

Superstar
posted Hide Post
This isn't league news, but now there is one less Moose driving the roads of America. I'm in a new line of work and will be home. Smiler Frowner=The duality of Moose.

"Alone Again Or"-Will Robinson (The Late, Great)

Posts: 5646 | Location: Livernois & MooseNichols | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
You didnt fail your mandated DOT drug-test, did you?

Posts: 4843 | Location: Lansing, MI | Registered: August 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
I didn't know house-husband was an occupation. Just a fancier way of saying unemployed...

Shrug