Tools

Just curious Login/Join 
Superstar
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NCpistonsfan,

Posts: 3559 | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
The answer sure isn't objectively definite. Sometimes it depends on the mod and whose thread it is and who's involved, IMO.

Winning.

Posts: 4517 | Location: Detroit, MI | Registered: October 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

A woman among men
Superstar
posted Hide Post
If you're both referring to the threads that have recently been locked up, the reason for that is the threads are being derailed by continued remarks back and forth between a few posters.

These remarks have been ignored for the most part, hoping this would die out on its own, but it continued...and it's annoying to the people who are truly trying to have a discussion.

The thread locking is a big hint that we want it to stop. The time for hinting is done, however.

Posts: 5693 | Location: Mooseshigan | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Official Moose of Pistons basketball.

Superstar
posted Hide Post
I'm just glad it wasn't me this time to cause a thread to get banished to outer darkness. Nice work, NC and Lil. It's about time someone picked up the slack.

"Alone Again Or"-Will Robinson (The Late, Great)

Posts: 5646 | Location: Livernois & MooseNichols | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

A woman among men
Superstar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NCpistonsfan:
The recent threads are what got me thinking, but I was actually just asking in general. I could not logically argue that the last one should not have been locked. Sounds like what you are saying is more if the thread itself from the beginning is ridiculous, it goes to the recycle bin, if an otherwise appropriate thread gets out of hand, it gets locked?

In my long-winded way, yes.

Posts: 5693 | Location: Mooseshigan | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

A woman among men
Superstar
posted Hide Post
It actually strikes me as funny, but I have a fever right now.... Wink

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
^ Not to undermine. I usually delete problem posts and replace the first with an edit warning. I don't see a point in closing certain topics that are driving traffic to the forums (it needs the attention). This is only for minor violations though, topics that are trouble from the start need to be removed. That's what Pistolino, myself and every other mod have been doing.

Posts: 6928 | Location: DET | NYC | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Starving Moderator
Superstar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BT:
^ Not to undermine. I usually delete problem posts and replace the first with an edit warning. I don't see a point in closing certain topics that are driving traffic to the forums (it needs the attention). This is only for minor violations though, topics that are trouble from the start need to be removed. That's what Pistolino, myself and every other mod have been doing.

I personally move threads that are stupid from the jump to the recycle bin. You can just tell that it will garner no posts.

As far as locking goes, I have only locked duplicate threads in Pistons Team Talk. The other threads were locked before I got to them.

As BT said though, trying to regain control of a topic would be the preferred choice as opposed to locking.

Posts: 6352 | Location: The Tay | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post