Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rookie
posted
Hi, I'm sorta new here. How do you add a picture under you name on the post pages. I can't seem to find a way to do it using the Profile area.

I'd also like to add a signature & generic pic so they appear on my post page.

Help. Confused

"I am sure that no man can derive more pleasure from money or power than I do from seeing a pair of basketball goals in some out of the way place." James Naismith.

Posts: 24 | Registered: July 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Star
posted Hide Post
At the top of forum, click on Go -> Personal Zone -> Profile.

Then click the Edit Profile link, scroll down to Avatar / Picture URL and click the edit link. you can select from existing graphics or upload your own.

On your profile page, there's also a box to edit your signature.

Posts: 1149 | Location: In your posts, deletin' your swears. | Registered: February 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
That was fast!

Posts: 3559 | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Mine has never worked. (Avatar).

Also, you need to write BB img tags for your signature, just FYI.

[*img]your image link [/*img]

Remove the asterisks.

Posts: 6928 | Location: DET | NYC | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
That's just great customer service!

It must be nice having a question that the regime finds credible.

Posts: 3559 | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BT:
Mine has never worked. (Avatar).

Also, you need to write BB img tags for your signature, just FYI.

[*img]your image link [/*img]

Remove the asterisks.

I was wrong. Put BB img code in Custom Member Title to have the picture show up.

Posts: 1149 | Location: In your posts, deletin' your swears. | Registered: February 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Awesome, thanks p.c

Posts: 6928 | Location: DET | NYC | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Star
posted Hide Post
That said, lets try to keep the image sizes reasonable. 100 pixels wide should be sufficient.

Rookie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistons.com:
That said, lets try to keep the image sizes reasonable. 100 pixels wide should be sufficient.

Sorry about that, is this new one better? I don't know how to adjust the size of the pic.

"I am sure that no man can derive more pleasure from money or power than I do from seeing a pair of basketball goals in some out of the way place." James Naismith.

Rookie
posted Hide Post
How about this?

Star
posted Hide Post
What you have now is good. Thanks.

Rookie
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much for your help.
Smiler

Veteran
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistons.com:
At the top of forum, click on Go -> Personal Zone -> Profile.

Then click the Edit Profile link, scroll down to Avatar / Picture URL and click the edit link. you can select from existing graphics or upload your own.

On your profile page, there's also a box to edit your signature.

What...Do what...I can never figure out Avatars...and its not just this forum either...alot of forums make it difficult to add avatars.

Ok, I can see where to edit avatars in the profile page...but I don't see where to upload the image I want.
Also, I tried to add the image into the signature, but can't figure that out either.

What in SAM-HILL-BLUE-BLAZES is goin on 'round here anyway?

Posts: 580 | Location: Kalamazoo | Registered: September 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Veteran
posted Hide Post
Do I have a image? Just experimenting

Posts: 580 | Location: Kalamazoo | Registered: September 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Veteran
posted Hide Post
Well this is a mess so far..any help?

Veteran
posted Hide Post
OK, I think I'm getting closer...

Veteran
posted Hide Post
OK, Thats kinda big...I'll try something smaller

Veteran
posted Hide Post
mine only lets me select from a choice of avatars theres no place to type in a link or upload my own?? help?

Posts: 613 | Location: Coldwater | Registered: June 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by winright42:
mine only lets me select from a choice of avatars theres no place to type in a link or upload my own?? help?

You had it in the right spot, but you have to use BB code [i m g]image link[/ i m g] without the spaces

Also you need to resize the image.

Star
posted Hide Post
Alright, I'm also having a hard time with this (probably overlooking something really simple). Tried to do this a few times over the years and always give up.

When I go to edit my profile, Under Avatar/Picture URL I don't see a place to insert the web link or to upload a photo from my computer. I just see a EDIT button that brings up a pop up window called AVATAR SECTION that has a few pages of preloaded thumbnails. The only options in this window are SELECT THIS ONE (which chooses one of these), NO AVATAR (which seems to do nothing), or CANCEL (which closes the window).

I attached this screen shot to show what I am talking about.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Grand Rapids | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post