New
Find
Notify
Tools

Superstar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoFlyZone13:
Alright, I'm also having a hard time with this (probably overlooking something really simple). Tried to do this a few times over the years and always give up.

When I go to edit my profile, Under Avatar/Picture URL I don't see a place to insert the web link or to upload a photo from my computer. I just see a EDIT button that brings up a pop up window called AVATAR SECTION that has a few pages of preloaded thumbnails. The only options in this window are SELECT THIS ONE (which chooses one of these), NO AVATAR (which seems to do nothing), or CANCEL (which closes the window).

I attached this screen shot to show what I am talking about.

Any help would be appreciated.

Your answer is right here, I think. Use [img] tags in your custom member title to get an image.

quote:
Originally posted by Pistons.com:
quote:
Originally posted by BT:
Mine has never worked. (Avatar).

Also, you need to write BB img tags for your signature, just FYI.

[*img]your image link [/*img]

Remove the asterisks.

I was wrong. Put BB img code in Custom Member Title to have the picture show up.

I, on the other hand, will stick with one of the awesome default avatars.

------------------------------
Shrug

Posts: 10711 | Location: MI | Registered: June 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
And it didn't show up. :|

I'll give it some time.

------------------------------
Shrug

Posts: 10711 | Location: MI | Registered: June 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swettz:
quote:
Originally posted by NoFlyZone13:
Alright, I'm also having a hard time with this (probably overlooking something really simple). Tried to do this a few times over the years and always give up.

When I go to edit my profile, Under Avatar/Picture URL I don't see a place to insert the web link or to upload a photo from my computer. I just see a EDIT button that brings up a pop up window called AVATAR SECTION that has a few pages of preloaded thumbnails. The only options in this window are SELECT THIS ONE (which chooses one of these), NO AVATAR (which seems to do nothing), or CANCEL (which closes the window).

I attached this screen shot to show what I am talking about.

Any help would be appreciated.

Your answer is right here, I think. Use [img] tags in your custom member title to get an image.

Thanks! I knew it would be something simple.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Grand Rapids | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty happy with the selection of avatar pics. I'm just gonna try out the different ones that most closely look like a Master of Panic until I decide which one I like best.

Posts: 97 | Location: Partying at Ron Jeremy's crib | Registered: May 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
posted Hide Post
Bummer, that's not working.

Posts: 97 | Location: Partying at Ron Jeremy's crib | Registered: May 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post