Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do the Mods ever get replaced? Login/Join 
<drsimp12>
posted
Seems like the same ones have been here for years. Time for some new blood.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
ok

Posts: 6928 | Location: DET | NYC | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Star
posted Hide Post
I see no reason to replace anyone.

Posts: 1149 | Location: In your posts, deletin' your swears. | Registered: February 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Superstar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistons.com:

While I agree that the forums actually run pretty efficiently(mostly because they are dead), it's not because of the mods.

D99 has like 8 posts in the last 2 years.
Loucifr hasn't been on the board in 2 years.
X-Factor hasn't been on in 2 years.

And a couple of the rest of the guys are rarely around.

Moderators generally have a greater job than just moving threads, such as keeping certain forums active and what not. As this is an official forum, I kind doubt if you/the pistons care if this forum is more active or not, especially because social media has trended more to twitter and facebook even though it's a lot less intimate than a place like this could be if it was even promoted the slightest bit more...not to mention those places are generally much younger demographics AKA idiots.

Though I think this forum should just be shut down as I see no reason for it if it's not promoted or wanted...if it's gonna hang around it would obviously benefit from new mods. MooseGuy1 is pretty much keeping this place alive with his game threads.

Posts: 9899 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
There are things we've been doing to promote the message board. A lot of is behind the scenes. Unfortunately I've been working 60-70 hour weeks lately, so I've been short on time. But I have been moving things around, and trying to generate discussions in other forums outside of recycle, lobby & piston talk.

This needs to be looked at as a yearly plan, not something that is going to happen over night.

Posts: 6928 | Location: DET | NYC | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Official Moose of Pistons basketball.

Superstar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Combs:
quote:
Originally posted by Pistons.com:

While I agree that the forums actually run pretty efficiently(mostly because they are dead), it's not because of the mods.

D99 has like 8 posts in the last 2 years.
Loucifr hasn't been on the board in 2 years.
X-Factor hasn't been on in 2 years.

And a couple of the rest of the guys are rarely around.

Moderators generally have a greater job than just moving threads, such as keeping certain forums active and what not. As this is an official forum, I kind doubt if you/the pistons care if this forum is more active or not, especially because social media has trended more to twitter and facebook even though it's a lot less intimate than a place like this could be if it was even promoted the slightest bit more...not to mention those places are generally much younger demographics AKA idiots.

Though I think this forum should just be shut down as I see no reason for it if it's not promoted or wanted...if it's gonna hang around it would obviously benefit from new mods. MooseGuy1 is pretty much keeping this place alive with his game threads.

Bless you, Combs, for noticing. Very much appreciated.

"Alone Again Or"-Will Robinson (The Late, Great)

Posts: 5646 | Location: Livernois & MooseNichols | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sophomore
posted Hide Post
I don't know why Combs thinks that BT hates these message boards, but I disagree with him.

Posts: 181 | Registered: February 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran
posted Hide Post
We need to keep the idiots off this board. A few bad apples ruin the place. Too much talk of colby cheese, back hair and stinky fingers.

Posts: 811 | Registered: February 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The New Pistons are coming...
Superstar
posted Hide Post
Combs has it really been that long?

(((((((((((((((((execution and energy)))))))))))))))))
>>>>>>>>Effort. Energy. Production.<<<<<<<<

Posts: 13185 | Location: Metro Detroit | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The New Pistons are coming...
Superstar
posted Hide Post
Wow 4 years almost to the day. Scary what happens when you get busy with life. But I am back so don't worry. I have been "here" I just haven't posted.

(((((((((((((((((execution and energy)))))))))))))))))
>>>>>>>>Effort. Energy. Production.<<<<<<<<

Posts: 13185 | Location: Metro Detroit | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Re-reading this topic makes me not want to be a mod anymore.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BT,

Sophomore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BT:
Re-reading this topic makes me not want to be a mod anymore.

Your not the only one...

Posts: 113 | Location: Navin Field | Registered: July 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
^This would be why.

Someone starts an argument with me, has no idea what he's talking about and then runs to the administration section.

Seems legit. I didn't delete your posts, or abuse my power in anyway. Because your sorry argument folded in less than 3 posts I'm a bad guy? I'm here to discuss basketball just like you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BT,

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Can we just get rid of the mods and i'll do it on a 50K salary?

Posts: 9899 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Private Eyes

Superstar
posted Hide Post
I got 5 on it

The Evil Genius
Superstar
posted Hide Post
I'm fine if someone wants to replace me. My life has changed so much since I became a Mod. Free time isn't what it used to be. Hell, I don't even own a computer at home anymore. Eeker If someone is respectable to the board and able to view it more often then me then why not. Just let me know.

"Excellent" mwhaa ha ha ha ha!

2007, 2008 & 2011 Pistons.com Fantasy Football Champion

Posts: 12756 | Location: Holland, MI | Registered: November 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post