New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ben Simmons Login/Join 
Superstar
posted
Nuff said.

the only sacred on this team is Cade Cunningham atm. Get this deal done!

Don't mistake legibility for communication - David Carson-

Posts: 7142 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sophomore
Picture of Malefactor
posted Hide Post
how do you know who is sacred until they show it on the court in a full season

Posts: 235 | Registered: January 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
Edwaudo:

What kind of trade do you think it would take for the Pistons to get Ben from Philly?

Posts: 2830 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't touch Simmons (and his contract) with a 10-feet pole. Mentally, he is the exact opposite of Giannis.

Simmons should interest a team that is trying to rebuild but has nothing going on yet or a win-now team that has hit a dead end. We belong to neither of these categories.

Posts: 512 | Location: Athens, Greece | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Superstar
posted Hide Post
Too many people focus on the one thing Ben Simmons CAN'T do and ignore the multiple facets of his game that are elite. I don't think he's a fit for the Pistons, but the disrespect this guy gets is something else. If he lands in the right situation there's going to be a lot of people eating crow, mark my words.

Posts: 5565 | Location: Warren, MI | Registered: December 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
I dont see many places For Simmons to land and quite frankly it's going to cost Philly picks and future picks plus oher players they wanna keep to get off of Ben's deal. I would't do it. I guess they are either stuck with him or will have to get into rebuilding stages again by trading him.

The power in my writing, you will never take away..

Posts: 5579 | Location: Detroit Michigan | Registered: January 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
If I can come out with a lineup like.

Lee or Hayes
Cade
Sediq
Simmons
Stewart

I'd be ok with something like this entering next year looking to fill the other forward or guard spot. So I would think it would take Grant, Olynik, Hayes, or Saban, it may take Sediq too. There's kind of a reason point forwards is something coveted.

Giannis
Lebron
Zion
Draymond
Grant Hill
Scottie Pippen
Kevin Durant
Magic Johnson

It's kind of a big thing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: edwaudo,

Don't mistake legibility for communication - David Carson-

Posts: 7142 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
Majic was not quite a point forward, he fits the mold of one annd would play the position from time to time. But he has always beenn known as the best Point guard in history. People may have included him in conversations about Poinnt forwards, but rarely does annyone describe him as a Point foward. I would describe him as a versatile like Phil Jackson describes Pippen. Majic was on a diffeerennt level in terms of basketball positions, becuase he could play every position on both sides.

Posts: 5579 | Location: Detroit Michigan | Registered: January 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YoungStuck:
the disrespect this guy gets is something else.

It is the playoffs where players prove themselves. All Simmons has proven is that he is a role player who has been marketed, treated and paid like a star. That is literally the worst type of player to have on your team.

Bear in mind that I am a defense first type of guy. It takes a special kind of suck for a good defender to make me not want him on my team.

Posts: 512 | Location: Athens, Greece | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sophomore
Picture of Malefactor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by edwaudo:
If I can come out with a lineup like.

Lee or Hayes
Cade
Sediq
Simmons
Stewart

I'd be ok with something like this entering next year looking to fill the other forward or guard spot. So I would think it would take Grant, Olynik, Hayes, or Saban, it may take Sediq too. There's kind of a reason point forwards is something coveted.

Giannis
Lebron
Zion
Draymond
Grant Hill
Scottie Pippen
Kevin Durant
Magic Johnson

It's kind of a big thing.

let Cade show us what he can do. hopefully he can become our superstar and once he proves himself, he will be on that list.

Posts: 235 | Registered: January 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
I think the biggest issue with him is he has an ego of a superstar but he's not one and that ego won't allow him to take a back seat for the greater good of the team.

Mellow Funky
Superstar
Picture of Joe Jam
posted Hide Post
Simmons is a unique talent with some serious red flags and flaws. There’s no denying his talent. That said, there’s no denying how his flaws make him a difficult fit on many, maybe even most, teams.

What do you really think Cade Cunningham’s ceiling of potential is? That could determine whether you’d even want a player like Ben Simmons being paired with him, especially his first few seasons in the league when you’re trying to identify and develop that potential. The comparisons have ranged from Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway to Luka Doncic and Jayson Tatum. Imagine Luka his first two seasons in the NBA being on a team with a player like Russell Westbrook, for example. Would that allow Luka to have developed into the player he is? Or would Westbrook have hindered his development? That’s the tough thing about Ben Simmons. He’s a ball dominant point guard. He has the ball in his hands most of the time. You limit Cade’s development pairing him with a player like Ben. Now if you think Cade is more like Bradley Beal or Klay Thompson, that’s fine. Keep him off the ball more and get a guy like Ben. But then don’t expect the Luka or Grant Hill type of talent or production or development into superstardom.

Ben Simmons is talented. But he’s a unique case where his talent cannot fit on any team and with any stars. It’s not just proven with the difficulties between him and Embiid (who in fairness presents his own challenges as a pairing), but it’s becoming more and more evident by the interest Simmons is getting in the trade market, and by that, I mean very little if any interest. He’s a tough player to fit. You essentially have to strip down your roster and start from scratch then rebuild around Simmons with shooters and guys who run up and down the court in transition. You’d have to do what Morey and the Rockets did with Harden, except it’s probably even tougher than that because Ben is scared to shoot or go to the free throw line so he can’t close games.

It’s a pass for me. Not because Ben Simmons isn’t tremendously talented. But because he’s such a difficult fit and he would likely present obstacles to the development of Cade and his ability to reach his potential as a star player.

Posts: 16716 | Location: Boogie Boulevard | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
theres no big appeal in a PG that has to sit out 4th quarters because of the hack strategy and his reluctance to attempt shots when it matters most.

Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stuck Da Luckster:
theres no big appeal in a PG that has to sit out 4th quarters because of the hack strategy and his reluctance to attempt shots when it matters most.

@Stuck Da Luckster, I agree! Although, he can play multiple positions, he the quintessential, "Jack of all trades, master of none" imo

I've been in pressure situations before. All my life it's been about pressure and having to get it done. Just because you say it publicly, it does not make me afraid of it or make me shy away from it. - Isaiah Lord Thomas, Detroit Pistons

quote:
I was Born twice, first through my moms then through the womb of Islam

Posts: 1462 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: October 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Superstar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DeTPistonFan:
quote:
Originally posted by Stuck Da Luckster:

@Stuck Da Luckster, I agree! Although, he can play multiple positions, he the quintessential, "Jack of all trades, master of none" imo

The problem is with his limitations, he can't just stick to more of the little things and do the dirty work more than run an offense. His ego won't allow him to play that role. I hope he grows up and realizes that, because theres still alot of value in that type of role. We have proven that teams can win off of defense alone and he's possibly the best defender in the league.