Message Boards
Is There Any Chance We DONT Select Cade?

This topic can be found at:
http://pistons.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/951103441/m/9437044696

June 22, 2021, 09:02 PM
matt72582
Is There Any Chance We DONT Select Cade?
Is There Any Chance We DONT Select Cade?Is There Any Chance We DONT Select Cade?YesNo
June 22, 2021, 09:12 PM
StonesIQ
Only concern is how he and Bey compliment each other at the 2/3 but Cade is as “can’t miss” as it gets so I’m taking him and making that work. I think one of Bey/Cade could guard opposing 2’s…
June 22, 2021, 09:14 PM
Joe Jam
I sure hope not.

I don’t care what Weaver says in public. It has to be Cade.
June 22, 2021, 09:17 PM
Drummond Island
Motorcade!!!!!! Move out the way!!
June 22, 2021, 09:18 PM
Joe Jam
Motorcade.

I like that. Was trying to think of a clever punickname. That’s pretty good.
June 22, 2021, 09:33 PM
matt72582
quote:
Originally posted by Drummond Island:
Motorcade!!!!!! Move out the way!!

Get a patent lawyer! Proof is on the Pistons official city.

MotorCade is going to be fun to watch with our core!
June 22, 2021, 10:48 PM
Panatha
Here comes the MotorCade!
June 22, 2021, 11:24 PM
The Ostrich
Is it just me, or does he look like he is 40?

June 22, 2021, 11:55 PM
DeTPistonFan
I believe the Piston make a trade with Houston and take Mobley

I've been in pressure situations before. All my life it's been about pressure and having to get it done. Just because you say it publicly, it does not make me afraid of it or make me shy away from it. - Isaiah Lord Thomas, Detroit Pistons

quote:
I was Born twice, first through my moms then through the womb of Islam

June 23, 2021, 06:37 AM
Clinton T
The problem with not selecting Cade is he turns out to be a generational talent like a Luka type, then Weaver looks like a fool (a Stan Van Gundy), but if Cade is not the top pick no foul, because everyone was wrong. We drafting Cade. UNLESS we that trade the pick for a top three pick and a top ten pick.
June 23, 2021, 07:43 AM
Joe Jam
Trade for a top 3 and a top 10?!?!?

Shooooot, I wouldn’t trade the #1 (and Cade) for #2 AND #3.

Cade may not be LeBron James or Kevin Durant. But he’s still universally viewed as the best prospect in this draft, which is considered strong at the top. And because of his skill and IQ, he has very low bust potential. I really like Mobley, but he could end up being a role player. And Green while exciting with promise also has bust potential. Take the no-brainer selection and be happy.

I don’t have twitter and don’t know how to post or embed tweets, but I saw a Cade tweet on another forum. The kid is excited about Detroit, already expects to be coming to Detroit, his boys in the background of a video screaming “Deeeee-troit!!!” His Twitter handle already CaDetroit. What are we talking about here? We have the #1 pick. We have a chance at a kid almost everyone thinks will be a star in the league. There is zero reason to do anything else but take Cade.

Troy, please don’t overthink this. Don’t outsmart yourself. It’s Cade. Write it down on the pick sheet. Send it in. Done deal. Take a seat. Have a beer. Let the MotorCade begin. Enjoy the show.
June 23, 2021, 07:52 AM
DeTPistonFan
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Jam:

Cade may not be LeBron James or Kevin Durant. But he’s still universally viewed as the best prospect in this draft, which is considered strong at the top. And because of his skill and IQ, he has very low bust potential. I really like Mobley, but he could end up being a role player. And Green while exciting with promise also has bust potential. Take the no-brainer selection and be happy.

I don’t have twitter and don’t know how to post or embed tweets, but I saw a Cade tweet on another forum. The kid is excited about Detroit, already expects to be coming to Detroit, his boys in the background of a video screaming “Deeeee-troit!!!” His Twitter handle already CaDetroit. What are we talking about here? We have the #1 pick. We have a chance at a kid almost everyone thinks will be a star in the league. There is zero reason to do anything else but take Cade.

Troy, please don’t overthink this. Don’t outsmart yourself. It’s Cade. Write it down on the pick sheet. Send it in. Done deal. Take a seat. Have a beer. Let the MotorCade begin. Enjoy the show.

@Jam, What makes you think Cade will be special? Is he a generational type of talent? If Cade is the point then Hayes is the off-guard? Our back court would be lacking athletic ability

I've been in pressure situations before. All my life it's been about pressure and having to get it done. Just because you say it publicly, it does not make me afraid of it or make me shy away from it. - Isaiah Lord Thomas, Detroit Pistons

quote:

June 23, 2021, 07:57 AM
Catari
quote:

Couldn't agree more. This is a no-brainer. Cade is a do-it-all player and can play several positions. He also appears unflappable and tough minded which is what presumably Weaver is looking for in recruits. will mix nicely with our young talent.
June 23, 2021, 08:25 AM
Joe Jam
quote:
Originally posted by DeTPistonFan:
quote:

@Jam, What makes you think Cade will be special? Is he a generational type of talent? If Cade is the point then Hayes is the off-guard? Our back court would be lacking athletic ability

I watched a lot of his Okie State games. I truly believe the kid really is special. The Luka Doncic comparisons are legit and are not overboard. And because his production is tied mostly to his skill and IQ, he not only has low bust potential, his ability should also age well.

I don’t know if he’s a generational talent like LeBron or Shaq. But I think he’s a star in the league. I posted this months ago, but I think today before playing an NBA game, Cunningham is already a top 25 talent in the NBA. That’s how much I regard his talent.

I don’t know what Weaver and Casey will do with Cunningham and Killian. I suspect they’ll ease Cade into a role where he doesn’t have too much responsibility too soon, unless he proves to be capable of handling it. I’m sure there will be plenty of experimenting. Ultimately, whether it’s sooner than later or some time in the future, I do think Cade becomes the primary ballhandler and decision maker, like Luka, like LeBron, like James Harden, like Grant Hill. And then defensively, he likely guards the wing more so than small, jitterbug point guards.

Do you think Golden State worried about lack of athletic ability in their backcourt with Steph and Klay? I’m not calling Cade and Killian that. Please don’t take that as a talent comparison. My point is that having less than elite athletic ability can be off-set and balanced with skill and IQ. Some of the best players in the league have less than elite athleticism. Luka, Steph, Joker, Booker. How are they still stars? Skill and IQ. Sure, it’s great to have that plus elite athleticism. Not every #1 prospect is LeBron James. They don’t have to be to become great.
June 23, 2021, 08:32 AM
DeTPistonFan
The problem I have is Hayes isn't a scorer or shooter. If Cade is the primary ball handler, this will remind me of Ben Simmons 2.0 situation playing 4 against 5

quote:

June 23, 2021, 08:34 AM
YoungStuck
The way Cade just floats around on the court reminds me a lot of Paul George. He’s long with a smooth handle, very similar measurables 6’8” with a 7’ wingspan. Very aesthetically pleasing. Can’t wait to watch him lead this team for the next decade. We’re in for a treat and it’s been well deserved. We watched Andre Drummond fumble around the court for how long? We deserve this.
June 23, 2021, 08:35 AM
turiya883
The pick is going to be Cade and it should be. He has the physical tools and potential higher end iq and is a primary ball handler and playmaker.

Im not sold on Cade as a generational talent yet but in a world of potential you dont pass that up for Mobley or Green or Suggs for that matter. Time will tell where he lands in terms of being a very good player, star or superstar and there are levels and nuances to this for sure but right now you dont pass on him, you dont pass on that kind of potential.

Now in the NBA you see lineups featuring multiple ball handlers on the court at the same time whether this places Killian as a 6th man he can even potentially start still you fit him in and build around Cade.

This is the most promising impact pick we have had since Grant Hill...I'd be shocked if we traded it.

My biggest fear with Cade has more to do with the intangibles to his game not panning out that he becomes a talent who doesn't quite impact on all the levels that leads to higher end winning. At times there have been some efficiency and turnover issues to his game at least some of the games Ive watched...but every prospect has their risks...Cade does have potential to do it all though.
June 23, 2021, 09:24 AM
DeTPistonFan
CADE CUNNINGHAM TRADED TO THE HOUSTON ROCKETS? Rockets 2021 Off-Season

The author suspects we like Jalen Green. I know Jalen Rose is a fan of Green as well. Even with Cade, this team lacks a true scorer.

quote:

June 23, 2021, 09:53 AM
Panatha
Jalen Rose picked Jalen Green when we were supposed to be picking #2, not #1. Proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RSQOai4Y_w

Cade is great for us, and whether he understands it or not, we are great for him. We are building a great young core, and not much even has to change for him to fit in (or for our existing core to fit around him rather).

I would have been perfectly happy with Green at #3 or #2. But at #1 it is MotorCade, man. You can never tell the future 100% in advance in such things, but the "risk" we should be taking right now is MotorCade.
June 23, 2021, 10:21 AM
keebler_kahn
imo there is no way the Pistons don't select Cade Cunningham.

No Way!!!